1. I admit I am powerless over my flaws — that my life has become unmanageable.
2. I believe that releasing my ownership and self-reproach of the problem is the key to my sanity.
3. I have decided to turn my life over to the inner voice of my Ideal Self, and to let this voice guide me.
4. I have decided to make a searching and fearless inventory of myself.
5. I have decided to admit fully and honestly to myself and another human being the exact nature of my wrongs.
6. I am entirely ready to have my defects of character removed.
7. I ask the inner voice of my Ideal Self for guidance to help me remove my shortcomings.
8. I will make a list of all persons I have harmed, and become willing to make amends to all of them.
9. I will make direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. I will continue to take personal inventory and when I was wrong, I will promptly admit fault.
11. I will seek through meditation to improve my ability to hear my inner voice, seeking for wisdom, and for strength to act it out.
12. Seeing the light because of these steps, I will try to carry these messages to others, and to practice these principles in all my affairs.